Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How foreign MD can get MA or PA certifcate??? - olgaform
You can go to this site, click on whatever State you want and you will find teh list of the PA's

Physician Assistant Programs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All PA educational programs are accredited by one body, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), which also maintains a list of PA programs on its Web site. Potential PA students may apply to multiple programs with a single application through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA), a Web-based application service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on each state abbreviation to find the programs in that state.

AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI
IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN
MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH
OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA
WI WV WY UNIFORMED

A printable list of all accredited PA programs and a brochure of general information about the PA profession are also available from the AAPA Web site.

On-line Physician Assistant Programs Directory

The On-line PA Programs Directory (published by the Physician Assistant Education Association) is a comprehensive listing of physician assistant educational programs in the U.S. This on-line catalog lists addresses, admissions deadlines, course requirements, tuition level, degrees awarded, CASPA participation, and much more. Click here to start your one-year subscription.

Copyright © 2001-2006 by the American Academy of Physician Assistants. All rights reserved. Photographs, illustrations, and text cannot be used without permission from AAPA.

All PA educational programs are accredited by one body, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), which also maintains a list of PA programs on its Web site. Potential PA students may apply to multiple programs with a single application through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA), a Web-based application service.

Click on each state abbreviation to find the programs in that state.

AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI
IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN
MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH
OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA
WI WV WY UNIFORMED

A printable list of all accredited PA programs and a brochure of general information about the PA profession are also available from the AAPA Web site.

On-line Physician Assistant Programs Directory

The On-line PA Programs Directory (published by the Physician Assistant Education Association) is a comprehensive listing of physician assistant educational programs in the U.S. This on-line catalog lists addresses, admissions deadlines, course requirements, tuition level, degrees awarded, CASPA participation, and much more. Click here to start your one-year subscription.

Copyright © 2001-2006 by the American Academy of Physician Assistants. All rights reserved. Photographs, illustrations, and text cannot be used without permission from AAPA.

Thanks, jovanat, for good info which you gave!
Thank you knopochka!
I will consider two programs MS in nursing and PA. I am from Minnesota and found Augsburg college , where I can take PA course. But I am still deciding between two programs.... and also I am waiting for my evaluation report, for my MD diploma. So before I apply I have to check with these programs if my credits from med school will be accepted.
And I will re-take step 1 , just need to have some back up in case if something happened with USMLE. IT's always better to have two ways.)
Thanks guys!!
OLga,
If you are thinking doing something different then USMLE do the PA bc it will pay better and you can do it in two years , bc nursing assistent is just waist of your time really...nursing assistent is just to pay some bills at the moment ,to survive,but if you can do PA 's just DO IT..It is fastest growing field and job opportunities are endless...
Jovanat
Hi, Jovanat!
I am considering Master degree in nursing, PA is master degree as well. But, in my area ( MN) I found only one college which has PA program and it's 3 years, 26 courses , cost for one course 2500.... so it's a little bit to much for me.)) Because, I need to get degree in more short time and I can't spend 60 grand.
So, that is why I chose MS in nursing, it's 16 months program.
And I am still gonna do USMLE.
Thank you!
Hi Olgaform,
Ye sthat is good bc as I said earlier it is very expensive to do PA program ,BUT if you can do Master of Nursing that will help you get a fairly good paid job and you can study for your boards,too..
Jovanat..
To knopochka, olga,
privet,
otkuda, iz rossii?
i toze gotovlus' k step 1
davaite poznakomimsia
to masha: privet! na kakom forume sidish?
Hi, Masha i Knopochka!
I am studying for step 1, I took the test before, but failed. My email: olgaform
Write me if you interested in communication.
olga i knopochka,
spasibo za reply,
olga, i tebe e-mail poslala

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »