• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to request for dean's letter -
Seema - seema763

Is it a must to send dean's letter for ERAS

Cld someone tell me abt it
URGENT

Katty

There are 2 ways.

If you do not have deans letter from your college and if you feel it takes more time to get that and post that one... then choose an option that you can't produce deans letter while filling the common application form of ERAS (I cannot remember at which step it happens). Then ECFMG will produce a deans letter on your behalf automatically.

In case you are able to get deans letter from your college where you studied, then that is also fine. But I do not know about the responsibility of its postage (I mean.. whether thats you or your college deans office) to ERAS.

I do not think choosing ECFMG letter as our deans letter will not harm us in getting interviews. I choose that option and I got few interviews.

But, in inside I feel I may be loosing interviews because I have choosen ECFMG deans letter. I observed in the program website stating that they need deans letter and they consider it as a recommendation letter about you (apart from LoR's). Because American Medical Schools will have certain idea about how to give deans letter. So, may be they help them to get interviews. But, in IMG 's case it is different. All they will give is 'so and so person conduct is satisfactory'

Recently program started treating deans letter as MSPE... some kind of performance evaluation of you by the college of your dean based on your performance. ECFMG provided the format of it in the ERAS website (check the url http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html)

form http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/support/mspeguide.pdf

Ravi

When you dont submit deans letter then ECFMG writes a deans letter for us. It is misconception that ECFMG is writing a sweet recommendation letter.
Actually ECFMG writes a note saying that consider this note in lieu of deans letter. In case deans letter is must get in touch with the candidiate. Recently one program got in touch with me for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »