Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank order lists -
Rank order lists

hi there, does anyone know how the process works and how do you actually get matched, what if you were off by 1 like ranked #3 but you ranked them #4?help!
uofm

when you don't know something just say ''can someone explain to me this or that" and don't make very silly assumptions................OK
Ah... Gee.

I think when somebody writes "does anyone know how the process works" it's pretty clear that he/she is asking for help.

I'm not sure how it works either. I do know that it involves an algorithm, a big computer and a lot of lists.
Why don't you check it out on the NRMP website?
Dr. Clearcut

well, it favours the applicants and not the programs - the first peaked is ours desire #1 - if it does not find any on the other side of the rode (all list from the top to the bottom) it takes the next applicant and slides it like a credit card through all the names on the progrs lists - somebody matches and the process revolves dead end. More elaborate explanation may be found in Iserson's great book or one might want to google it.
GL to all the darangers.
docpac

u rank programs according to ur preference and if the prog has ranked u ,then its a match,otherwise ur 2nd choice is scanned and so on and so forth.it is candidate friendly and also the match is not acc to rank nos eg,if u rank it 1 and they rank u 20,u could still match if they have seats left and some other high ranked candidate has not ranked them..u can visit the nrmp website for more details.
good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »