Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm depressed and anxious :-( - meddoc28
I quit my residency program right at the beginning. I had health problems but not that severe. I'm quite sad for not having stayed since I'm starting to realize I did a terrible mistake. I don't know what future holds for me. I know people here are working so hard to get a spot I wasted. I don't know whether to continue with this dream or just go back home. I really wish someone gives me sincere, honest opinion and advice. I don't know what to do. Although I passed all the examns on first attempt (Including step 3) getting scores in the 80´s I know it is going to be difficult to get that black mark of resignation out of every PD's eyes. I have heard stories about people resigning and getting back to residency but I have also heard people who were never able to get another position. Please guys help me¡¡¡ Be honest, no matter how hard you might be.
if you did not violate any rule / contract you will be fine as in USA nobody USUALLY holds a grudge and are sympathetic to your situations .
Hi bechara, thanks for answering; why do you mean by violation of a rule / contract? Well, I broke the contract therfore a rule was violated, oh God If only time went back, I'd do it differently. But I guess no second opportunities are given. Everything can be destroyed in just a day, I hope I get out of this situation the best way possible. Wish me luck as I do wish you the best for you. Believe me, you all will find a position, think that way.
I think you should keep in contact with your old PD. There was something that made them want you the first time so check them out again.

And Bechara is right, most people will be sympathetic.

Just do your best with your applications, and try to stay positive.

All the best

Tweets
If you had a legitimate reason for resigning then it should be a problem. And if you had health problems that is as legitimate as it can get. So there is no point in giving up without trying again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »