Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a pathology threads - lcase
Anyone interested in applying for pathology residency this year? Last year I remembered there was a great thread, maybe it is time to start one for this year, Cheers!

My Background, Old IMG(11years), US Ph.D., lots of research, GC, score aorund 95. Scared cuz it is very competitive to get in a good pathology program now.
u will gwt because GC holder lots of research score is Great
i'm very much interested in pathology,but i'm not ready for 2009 match,i will apply for next year.
recent graduate,step 2 score 99.us citizen. no research .no usce. currently studying for step 1 !!
I am interested in applying for pathology residency, 2009.
My background is 2002 graduate, PhD (molecular pathology), lots of research publications, GC, score around mid 80s, currently working as post-doc research fellow in clinical pathology department in one of US top hospitals.
sorry, I graduated in 2002. But my certificate was issued in 2003.
carotid, great score! Sure you will get in a decent program nexy year.

threedr: welcome to join the thread! impressive CV.
I was waiting for this thread to begin.

1998 grad. step1 88, passed step2CS, will give CK in Sep. 7 yrs US research expirience in biomedical engineering and neuroscience. Nine 1st author publications (with 2 book chapters). 6 mths USCE in neurology and 4 USLOR ........

A imp question to u guys ..... what is the job situation for patho .... heard many negatives on different forum .... anyone has some realistic input on it...... i would hate to put my 6 yrs of life into it and worry about getting a job ....... which is not the case with any other medical speciality!

keep the thead alive!!!!
Welcome to the thread, Niltan. I believe many of us has the similiar concerns about pathology. Job market also depends on the individuals, for people who got solid training, job market is always not bad.
thanks lcase. do we have to pass the GRE exam in order to get a MS or PHD in US? don't they accept us with usmle scores?
To apply for graduate school, GRE is generally required. I don't think USMLE can replace it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »