Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a pathology threads - lcase
Dr Gill_CA
Thank-you very much for your advice.
Really appreciate it.
what is the difference between externship and observership in pathology?

Hi dear friends! I am a FMG graduated in 2002. step 1 score: 90 & step 2 score:90 I have come to US recently by tourist visa for taking step 2 cs .I have 4 years of clinical experience in my home country and 2 years of research experience in my home country( in pathology) and I have 2 papers published in good journals. I have 4 questions:
1.how can I stay in US?
2.Do I have a chance for pathology residency in US?
3.does passing 2-3 month of observership in US help me?
4.does passing step 3 help me in taking path position?
Has anyone being asked for shadowing the resident in a pathology interview. If so, what is the expectation from the applicant

OR what kind of questions are being asked after shadowing.

Team ; pl let me know yr replies asap
hi guys,
Its nice to be part of this forum. I have just finished my MBBS and MD in pathology from a MCI recognized medical college in India. I have applied for USMLE step1 and i'm trying for a residency in path in US. I'm sure i'm an early bird here, but i thought it would be nice to be prepared beforehand. Can anybody tell me what would be a decent duration of preparation for step1? 6 months? how many hours a day study to get a good score? Will Kaplan lecture series suffice? I'm planning to take up a short term job in emergency lab of our college as i will be answering step1 from India. Do you think i should preferably be working in a particular institution? Is there any favoritism of work experience from top institutes in India? At present i don't have any publication. Do you think i should focus on that for the next 6 months? In which journals should i try for a publication? What other areas should i work to improve my CV?
Hi drsms,
There is no definite duration for step1. It depends on person. Do not take it until you have the confidence of getting 99. Kaplan alone is enough.
There is no particular institution preference.
Try focussing on publication. Any journal will work.
But finish off your steps as soon as possible. Otherwise you will not in the cutoff point of less than 5 year graduation and you may get less interviews. Because many programs prefer applicants who are less than 5 year from graduation.
You should have USCE and LORs from US pathologists. That is more important for you. Try to do observership , externship or have some research experience in US to get LOR.
Thanx a lot cloud. frankly speaking i have just finished my MD and was fed up of studies. Have to get back to study. Just lacking motivation!
does anybody has IMG friendly pathology program lists? can you please send it to me at sana.khizer? please.. i will be really thankful
does anybody know about path program info of ?? ---

--Methodist Hospital (Houston) Program
--East Tennessee State University Program

thanks.
hi friends,, any idea about img friendly programs in atlanta?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »