Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a pathology threads - lcase
ICASE
I NEED TO ASK U SOMETHING ,IF I WAS CERTIFIED AS A HEMATOLOGY SUPERVISOR AFTER THEIR EXAM AND BEEN LICENSED BUT NEVER DID WORK AS ONE....PREFERED TO DO USMLE ,IS IT A NEGATIVE POINT TO INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION?PLEASE ADVICE
purpledream. personally I believe it is a very positive part of your CV, showing your exprience in the field, your genuine interest and commitment to pathology.
Icase
wouldnt it be a negative point?its medical technology..degree...
Hei, just saw this path thread.
My credentials are 99/99/pass/2002 grad/needs h1b visa/US Cancer biology Masters degree/USLOR

I applied last year, got a prematch at the university i'm working right now, but didnt work out as it was on J1 visa and i couldnt get the statement of need from my home country for the ECFMG to sponsor that visa.
It was very very dissapointing but what the heck to do..So i'm applying again this year to all the programs which sponsor H1b visas, which arent many.

Anyway last year i applied in mid-Oct and i dont think in pathology its that very important to apply sept 1st. usually path programs start reviewing applications in early oct.
Its nice to start a path thread..Lets keep this up..
Good score, bantibanda. Visa issue is always a headache, but if you are currently on H1b, for some places you can continue use it. Good luck this year!
I need to find a editting service to proofread my PS, anyone has suggestions?
well i've a question.last year i applied to AP/CP
wat if i apply to anatomic path.only...heard that job market is'nt very good for AP candidates...but i'm more interested to go to teaching side...wat do u say...if i apply to AP only...and are there any chances that i cud get more calls if i only apply to AP...
wat do u say...coz here in my country i'm doing my fellowship in haematopathology..and seriously not interested in clinical aspects of path.so need ur valuable suggestions.
so given the fact that i'm interested in teaching side wat are my prospects with AP.
if anyone cud send me the list for img friendly prog. that wud be a great help..tho I'm planning to apply next year but still if u cud...Smile
for people who have had previous experience in applying to residency programmes can someone tell me if old graduates have chances?
Is it how recent graduate you are or how experienced ?or scores ?any clue?
I mean if certain programmes have specified certain years of graduation ....does this mean am just wasting my money sending to them?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »