step 1 89 (second attempt)
step 2 92( first attempt)
CS passed (first attempt)
Step 3 83 (first attempt)

Year of graduation 1997
USCE 6 months (in pediatrics and FM)
2 US Lors( in Pediatrics and FM)
Visa EAD

postgraduation in pathology in home country,3 years of work experience after that
looking for pathology and IM residency
My first preference is Pathology but it looks like getting Pathology is competitive for IMGs
My question is I donot have any pathology experience in USA or any US Lor, all my Lors in pathology are from my home country,will it affect my application.
I am trying to get some experience but no luck yet
I am going to apply to all IM programs also,what do you think with my pathology background how easy or difficult to get into IM?

I know I have two negative points 1. my attempt on step 1, 2. year of graduation
Is there any way I can improve my application?

Thank you very much for your answer lcase. Please feel free to send an e-mail to

doktorrafael

Good luck to us all!
Cidcon4, again I am in no position to judge others' chances. However, personally I think you may have higher chances in IM. Apply to community program in pathology if I were you, and you impressive USCE may give you a edge in IM.
hi guys,

do you think it is a good idea to write the name of instituions u did observership in personal statement.

any ideas about how much and what should we write about it in personal statement .

thanks for your help
I wrote that information in my PS, don't see why not.
yeah I know I case we have to write about it But I am not sure whether to write th ename of institution. I dont know if by information you mean name of institution or not.

I mean the name of the institution, which I included in my PS. I think they will know it anyway from your CV, so there is no point not mentioning them in PS.
Thank you bantibanda & lcase for your suggestions
thanks Icase ..

even i thought so coz its taking lot of space in PS and i dont want it to be long and boring.
one word of advice to all the friends applying for pathology
- after you apply, please do not call program at least till the mid of october or end of november to know about your status of application. It really pissoff the program co-ordinator, who by the matter of fact is most important person in forwarding your application to the program director...i am saying this after having this experience...trust me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »