Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q-bank score -
cristagali

I'm averaging 64% now, but I started in the high 40's low 50's a month ago. I have 30 days left before test with 45% of Q-bank left to do. I will improve, but how much, I don;t know yet. Anybody have any suggestions on a safe % Q-bank score. My thought is that if I don't knock out a few 70%+ test in the next week or two, I will postpone.
docespy - docespy

70 % is a safe margin aim for 100% I know you can do it
cristagali

A friend at school told me that the "unwritten rule" is add 10% to your Q-bank score and that will be your % on the real thing. True or not??
xxx

True for most. Some says its 10-15%
ra

Thats an urban legend, kaplan itself says on their website that there is no proven correlation between the qbank and the real exam but still many people keep thinking on that.
undertaker

depends on when you take qbank.I have seen scores like 75 in Qbank and 99 on the actual exam.No strict correlation.
docespy - docespy

remember correlation is not causation
cristagali

Thanks everybody. But I've postponed my exam for several months. My last 10 Q-bank test were not uplifting (65% avg) one 70% test. But my last three test had 2-3 repeat questions EACH!!! So I really had no idea if I really was scoring 65%, or was it 60%!! I called kaplan to bitch about it, but to no avail. I was really pissed. because I was using these test to guide me, so I'm going back to the books and will take NBME later. Good luck to you.
usmleman1

several months is too much!! stay in the momentum, patch up what is missing, weak areas and stuff.. but dont postpone for "several Months"

i am averaging about 65% on Qbank and am done with 1/4 of the bank, and i dont want to think or even entertain the idea of postponing...i have 40 days left though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »