Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am going to leave my family tomorrow.... -
sirahc

hello, i am new to this forum, and like many of you, I am going to the US to pursue my dream....
I am going to leave my parents/friends/home tomorrow... kinda mixed feeling....and couldn't sleep. I don't know if it's a right decision, but now, what I can do it to keep going even though there are so many uncertainties in front of me. You guys are really brave, it's not easy to start all over again in a different country esp if you already has established your career/family/social status in your own country. So good luck to you all, and good luck to me.
tina

you hang in there my friend.everything will be fine
usmle

it is not easy at all.. but it worth it, after you come to this country , you will become another person, you will grow tremendously... learn lot of new things.. but u need to be patient and work hard, be proactive..GL
shree - shreenivas_charyulu

Hi friend,
Wish you good luck.
Remember,sky is the limit in this country.
But happiness is in your hands,here or there.
YOU HAVE TO REMAIN FIRM MENTALLY.
Daily you would feel 'what did I do,why did I take this decision?'
But,everybody has an ambition,so you too have.Also remember,Winners never quit! Go ahead,(No reverse gear in USA--you have to be on toes and find exits if you can,but no turnback.
Good luck and I pray God that you,me and all others must get residency soon and most important,be happy in USA.
1000RR - roadrocket007

Always remember that succesful men recognize no such word as impossible, and accepts no reality as failure!
be the master of your fate and captain of your soul. Good luck
sv

Great advise guys.Good luck to one and all.
weaser

Wow! cheers to every one ,I see in you all asa residenns of tommorow in US,ALL THE BEST,GOD IS GREAT & definetely WE all will get into RESIDENSY,Just keep your COOL,Patience is the VIRTUE here!!!!
Personaledits

If you have the finances, I recommend you register for Kaplan's USMLE preparation course. Not only is it a great program for studying but most centers have several IMG's studying there which will give you a support network and hopefully some friends. My husband still keeps in touch with some of the people he studied with at Kaplan over five years ago.
IMG

GOOD FOR U
usa

Which country are u coming from?
Do u have any relatives or friends here. If not you should get connected w/ country men, ie grocery stores, etc.
Which city are u staying in. I've lived all over the USA, every region is different. You may want to take a bus all over the 50 states someday. A very international country, you'll see.
Welcome!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »