Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All those who have applied with EAD - hopetomatch

Wanted to see how many among us have applied with EAD and will be receiving their GC(Green Card) soon.

What ?have you entered in the Visa Options for Current Visa & Expected Visa.

Let me start with myself. I have entered EAD for current visa and immigrant visa for expected visa.

please list what you have selected in the visa option.

Thanks
i entered EAD for both current and expected visa.
entered permanent resident
docalokm , Did you mean you applied with EAD and selected Permanent resident as an option in the expected visa section?

current and expected -----EAD. V dont need visa sponsorship do v?
No we dont need sponsorship if we have EAD
i think thats risky to do..unless you know for sure based on your priority number, when you will get the GC. its safer to say for now, that your current visa and expected visa is EAD.
The worst thing you can do is mislead a program. when you match/prematch, the HR at the hospital will need to see your EAD/GC to process your paperwork. If you anticipate that you will have that before March 09, go ahead and say so in expected visa.
Applied for US citizenship does that count on this thread?
misty08 We can select immigrant Visa in case our GC is family based. Mine is Family based so I selected immigrant Visa as the expected. Its a different case if one's GC is employment based.

Before applying I contacted Residency coordinators and these were those programs where they will interview you ONLY if you prove to them that you have a pending I-485 and will be receiving you GC sometime soon. They will not interview you if you remian in EAD throughout the training.

I will name selected few as examples . WSU (Ohio) they require GC eventually by June 2009 as the residents rotation in an Hospital that requires federal clearance. Coney Island Hospital NYC ( you need to submit a copy of you pending I-485 by fax /email to the PC)

so does that mean that even if we don';t have a GC by July 09, as long as we can show a pending I 485 appl, we'll be okay?

BTW, thnks for clearing that up...I assumed that most of the EAD applicants were of the employment based category... Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »