Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Anesthesilogy rejection thread - homie
I know I almost have no shot in anesthesiology this year b/c I mistakenly sent IM LOR to all Anes programs (see my other posts). So I'm waiting for my rejection letters that are forthcoming tomorrow.

I know there are about 4 program directors are out of office, so hopefully I can withdraw the LOR from these programs and have a shot in this 4 programs.

As of 9-3-08, no rejections, no IVs.

Creds: 98/91/CS, no step 3, old grad 1995, GC, no research experience, 1 mo USCE, no MSPE.
you will match gl
Thank you god_help_us, you are a kind soul.
why is it so bad to send an IM lor to anesthesia programs. 2 of my 4 lors were from internal medicine docs and I matched. Unless your lor specifically says about your will, orientation and how motivated you are for doing IM. You can always change lors unless programs have already downloaded your application.
GL
hello Mazinger, I heard about you on other forums threads from last year. Please give me your email. I would like to ask you lot'sof advices if you don't mind. You are like sone kind of guru in anesthesia amathc Smile kidding. Mine is deepurplemood
Thanks
hello Mazinger, I heard about you from other forums threads from last year. Please give me your email. I would like to ask you lot's of advices if you don't mind. You are like some kind of guru in anesthesia match Smile kidding. Mine is deepurplemood
Thanks

I also need advice about Anesthesia residency .kindly leave ur e.mail or mail me
brightervision
Hi mazinger, I totally agree with what you are saying. However, here is what my letter says on the frist sentence" It was my privilege to highly recommend___ to your Internal Medicine Residency program."

So it's not bad to have LOR from internist, what's bad is the letter looks like it was supposed to be used in IM only. Oh well. 90% of Anes programs have downloaded the LOR. Just have to pray to God and see where He wants to lead me.

I know you must be very busy as first year residency, so I won't take you too much time. If you have time, please drop a line: homiesmith

I'd love to get some insight from you. Thanks.
hey guys, I would love to help you out... why not writting in this thread so ALL can benefit from Q&As. I am no guru for sure, only had one succesful match in an advance position. Remember guys I had to scramble for one year position. But, as I said I would love to help within my limits and in a realistic way.
PLEASE NO WAC questions.
GL guys dont ever be discouraged.

Tip of the day go to this link http://www.nrmp.org/data/index.html click on "2008 match results by state, specialty and APPLICANT TYPE". This chart will give you the states were visa needing IMGs matched (like you and me) so by the time you apply you will already have an idea which states are friendly and which arent.
Mazinger I wanted to know if you applied for surgery prelim?do you think it's worth doing this? Is it more difficult to get prelim or advanced anest?
I applied only to 70 IM prelim already and don't know what to do. I don't have outstanding cv as an FMG ( 92/94/pass)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »