Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Anesthesilogy rejection thread - homie
Univ of florida has just downloaded my transcripts so the message wud follow soon.

callofduty if you don't mind can you post your creds
1. U of Cincinnati
2. U of Florida
Rejection

Thank you for your interest in our residency program. All aspects of
your application has been reviewed. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you
an interview this year. There are a large number of highly qualified
applicants this year, and I have to make difficult decisions. We do not
disclose the specific criteria used to evaluate the strength of the
applications. We do not disclose the reasoning behind each decision.

I thank you for your desire to enter the anesthesiology residency here at the
University of Cincinnati.

Best wishes in your efforts to find an anesthesiology residency.

Sincerely,
JP Lawrence, MD
Associate Professor of Clincial Anesthesiology
Anesthesiology Residency, Program Director
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45267
Hi homie,
What was response from U of Florida.
Thank you for initiating an application for the residency program at the University of Cincinnati.
This email message is intended to acknowledge the initial receipt of your application.
A decision to offer or reject your application for interview will only be made after your application is complete (Common application form, CV, Transcripts, USMLE scores, and at least 2 letters of recommendation). We offer interviews on a rolling basis through the month of December, which means that you remain under active consideration until a final decision is made. Every effort will be made to provide you with enough notice to make your travel plans.
Thank you for your interest in joining the anesthesiology residency here at the University of Cincinnati.

God only knows that is it a glorified rejection or automatic reply.. any one else getting messages ?
Got rejection from U of Cincinnati today morning. I do have US research experience and publications. But I am an old grad.
I received an email from U of Florida indicating they received my application. And mentioned something about TOEIC exam.

We are in receipt of your ERAS application and some of the required documents.
In the event you may not have been aware of the required TOEIC exam before
submitting your application, please read the following letter we send to all
international medical graduates who inquire about our program.
hey guys, cincinnati, illinois m and florida are the first places to send rejections...
Dont be discouraged by that, I also got rejected by those mofos! hang in there, pray and keep fingers crossed..
guys, suppose we got an iv and we go to match with it, and we are lucky and match it, how do we know it's the categorical or advanced position? suppose we checked both. how do we rate the prelim positions? separately from anesthesiology pos?
Hey deepurple I know its kind of confusing but, by the time you may the rank list you will notice the nrmp website software is very intuitive and you will not make any mistakes... That being said consider which ever position you want to have first Advanced or categorical each one has its separate rank in the list as if they were different programs..
GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »