Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a lucky o.......old IMG!!!!!!!! -
oooooold img

I got pre-match in a decent program not in big city (I am not allowed to betrayed it) I believe no one here older than me. grad 83, usmle 85/77/GC,w/16 years clinical experience in home country/5 year research in us. tons of publish paper. The program director said: o, you don't need to be trained, u can teach us!
old guys, don't be frustrated! you still have chance!!!!!!!!
kvs

congrats.your mail is encouraging to old graduates.
ra

Congradulation!!!!You are really lucky.I am a 1991 graduate.I have interview in a very prestigiouse university.what do you advise me? Good luck.
oooooold img

bravely tell them what you can do, what you will do. feel confident. u may have more clinical experience than the interviewers! let them know we will be gooooood resident!
pvd

hi i am also an old grad. can you share what specialty you got a pre-match positiion? thanks
oooooold img

FP
Aga

This is beautiful! Cogratulations!!!
another oldie

well done oldie,
i am 1990 graduate with 10 years of UK medicine including 6 years practicing invasive cardiology and i have justed decided to move to usa
is it too late?
what are my chances getting to cardiology.?.
dr suave

to another oldie,

are you done with your USMLE steps? if not you should start ASAP.. do good and score as high as you can... grades are really very important to PD's... your experience will put you above the rest... but being an old grad will pull you down.. most programs prefer fresh grads...gl
mkhan

Could you tell us the name of the program if you don't mind.
Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »