Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
innocent question - ascaris99
guys need your opinion...can we start applying to programs if not all the LOR's have been scanned yet? or is it better to wait until all the LOR's have been scanned then apply to programs? i am still waiting for one LOR to be scanned, sent to ERAS before labor day weekend, but until now, it hasn't been noted "received" in the ERAS office. thansk in advace for the reply Smile
I'm in the same boat as you. The letter is imp to me as it's the only one for psychiatry I have. I really think we should wait for it to be scanned at least a couple more weeks, otherwise the application mighty get rejected as being incomplete.
thank you vitalsigns. so wait is what we should do? but have you assigned your LOR's to any program after finalizing them?
I have applied to other specialties with my other scanned letters but since this is the only psychiatry LOR i have , i have yet to apply to psychiatry programs but yes i have finalized and assigned it to the saved (yet to apply program)programs . Just waiting it to be uploaded to the post office and then i will apply.
Finalise you LORS and apply if everything else is ready. They can be transmitted after they are uploaded.
thank you raleighdoctor. yes, all my papers (documents.LOR, etc) are scanned, all ready for applying to programs EXCEPT for that ONE LETTER, which shuld have been received in the ERAS office (fedex tracking says so, but no update on my ecfmg verification of dovuments page)... anyway, so what you're saying is i can start applyng even if that one letter hasn't been scanned yet? bu what if a particular program uploads my profile and doesnt see that letter? what will be the consequence?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »