Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody applying for Radiology? - radio
hi i love radiology nd this is my dream to get job in radiology but i have heard its not possible specially 4 fmg my scores r 87 and 99 and planning to do cs in december and not applied 4 job yet is it possible for me to get job in radiology
draleeza, What do you mean by JOB? Are you looking for residency or research?
hey sorry guys for the delay. I only have 1 invite so far for rads, in a community program . For prelim I have 4: 2 university, 2 community. My creds: steps 1 and 2 in the 240s, 2+ years of research, 3 first authorship papers.

Any IVs/rejections lately? I know Richmond in NY sent out rejections, but I didn't get it. Did you guys apply there?
Hi guys,
I have also applied for radiology and have interview at St Vincent's.
For those who have gotten interview from places other than that did you have any personal contact with that program/do you need a visa?
I need a visa and my creds are step 1 and 2 early 250's and ongoing research.
Black jack,Can you tell me at what time your interview at St.Vincents ended?..Did they ask you about your research details?Thanks.
Good luck to all of you.
My interview at St. vincent ended at 11 am. The tour of the hospital ended at about 2:30 pm. Pretty laid back program. They are hardly interested in your research activities.

honour, i'm assuming you are an IMG and was wondering how many more interviews you might have at this time and how many programs did you apply.

I have an interview from NY. And yes i would need a H1.
Blackjack,
Thanks for the reply.I really was worried about making it in time for my flight from NY.
Also Congrats about the interview at BCM,hope your interview went well.
Yes..I am an IMG and i would be glad with J1/H1.
I have applied to around 90 programs and have got 1 interview and 22 rejections.
I am wondering if we would get any more calls this November.
I think the fact that we need a visa makes it all the more difficult as I had 3 programs contacting me about the visa status and finally sent me a rejection.
Hey Honour, You sound like a really strong applicant. Your scores are excellent and should have no problem getting more interviews. Did you apply to the program where you are currently doing your research?

Did you have any research articles sent/accepted/published? Did you update the programs about your research developments in an email?

Which is your permanent address on the CAF and where did your applications go (geography).
my nephew got into Radiology in NY he was an IMG don't listen to these people you have good scores, get your strong letters in your program and work with the radiologist as much as you can at your program and ask him to write you an lor also.,.. for example dr x was an intern who showed great interest in radiology he spent time shadowing me and discussing films and findings etc... get to know people all hospitals have the radiology department dont listen to anyone either people here are nice or they are depressed and rude, give it a shot and don't stop trying a lot of the radiology programs have observerships
Thanks guys for all the encouraging replies.
Black jack,I don't have any publications till now.Am currently working on it.
I am willing to move to any place to do my residency but i do know that the programs consider applicants who have ties to that area first.
Hi radio applicants! I have not applied to Richmond. And about my IVs, I didn't have personal contact there. I no not need visa. Are you updating the programs about your research?!! I didn't know that. Does it work? How is the program that you are donig research there. Do you have IV from them? Are they positive? how positive and nice are the programs with their researchers?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »