Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody applying for Radiology? - radio
Hey guys, IMHO it is important that you be aggressive in your approach to your application. It is very important to update the program about your progress. Most often any updates to your application are appended to your application and is sent in for review. So you might have a faculty who might be interested in your work, etc. I agree with Honour that the regional ties tend to play a very strong role in getting interviews. dena, i got a rejection from richmond university.

I am doing research at Baylor College of Medicine; and it is truly a great program for research and clinical exposure. BCM has been nice to me atleast, am not sure of other places though.
does having a research post in Radiology help? I dont think so. I had a friend of mine doing research in Radiology.... he applied for residency at the same hospital and did not match. he had excellent credentials...99/99/ cs pass and some radiology experience from his home country. all he needed was visa. and i think that is the BIG ISSUE!!!
hi dear dena i mean residency in radiology but i dont have any usce or lor planning to start voluteer work in a hospital v soon and hope i ll get a lor till december but i have not applied for residency yet and planning to do cs by end of december and step 3 by march 09 my scores r 87 and 99 i m a fmg and did graduation in2003 can u plz tell me wat should i do? i like radiology too much and wanna residecy in radiolgy but i think my chances r low in it am i right and my 2nd choice is peads plz reply i ll b waiting.thanx
draleeza, I don't know any thing about peds, but about radio... you should start you research ASPS and do your best there and apply next year. For this year I don't think you have a chance for radio if you are IMG. If you should get in this year apply for a prelim and ....
But, I have seen IMGs with scores lower than 90 matched in radio. It is not easy but it is possible.
rej from Wash U Smile
thank u so much dena 4 ur reply
one more radio rej, 2 for today so far!!!
IV for prelim, what a great day is today!
Interview from emory radiology
hey dena wat u mean by prelim?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »