Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody applying for Radiology? - radio
blackjack,

Graduated in 2003. Then immediately came to the US for a Phd. No gaps. I did apply in my geographical area. I applied to around 50 programs. I just emailed a couple of programs in NJ to find about the status of my application, one (saint barnabas) said all their slots were filled, the other one (candem) said they don't sponsor my type of visa (i'm looking for an H-1).

It's really tough guys. I think when you have lot of research many community programs may look down on you, and the competitive places which like research are anyhow too competitive and just take AMGs.

Any thoughts?
I have 2 radio ivs so far and 11 im ivs. GC. I'm only hoping to get more rad ivs to increase my chances. If I don't get anymore then I'll just hope the 2 rad ivs will get me somewhere otherwise ill just keep going with my pgy1 im. It's tough
Hey rads2009,

If you want to have a realistic chance of matching, you should forget about H1B visa and apply to more than 100 programs. Because programs hate to sponsor any type of visa. So your best bet would be to call ALL programs and tell them you are interested regardless of the visa sponsorship.

J1 waiver jobs are always available to waive the 2 yr HRR. Its tough but IMHO you are making it tougher by preferring only H1B sponsoring programs.

Good luck buddy.
I seem to be getting the rejections faster than everyone..
Rej from St.Vincent's worcester Sad
Hey honour, not as fast as me!
Hi friends, have you applied to Lenox Hills program? Have they downloaded your application? have you heard from them?
dena, haven't heard from them yet. But I've heard they're very tough to get in. I'd say in general all NY programs are very competitive. Have you guys received any rejection from NY programs recently?
My application has not yet been downloaded at Lenox hill program.
Even the harlem program downloaded this Monday after the MSPE's were released.
How fluent are you in English? I know it is a funny question!! Have you experianced any difficulty in expressing yourself and be empressive in English? Do people underestand you completly all the times? Speaking is my major weak point!
Let's talk about our weak points beside credentials, maybe we can improve it! What do you think?
I get stressed out thinking what would happen if i don't match and if that happens in the interview i would definitely not be able to do well.So am just preparing myself saying that not getting into a radiology residency would not be the end of the world.Having such an attitude would definitely make us look confident and not desperate.
As for English it doesn't really matter that much as long as you can express yourself reasonably well.Body language and tone of speaking matter more than the words.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »