Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pakistani (IV) - alikhan99
2005 grad AIMC Lahore.

Cession of those who passed in 2004-left 1Y due to my reasons Smile
To Nazia,

Your credentials are not that bad as you are projecting. Various people in past and recently have had successful match with your scores and even far lower that you. your strongest point is your externship in Psychiatry and if it is in a hospital setting then a very difference making point in your resume. i will advice you to apply to some more Psychiatry programs or atleast to 30 peds and if possible 30 fm programs. your chances for Psychiatry are much greater than any other field. Wish you good luck.
keep this forum alive
I think it will be a good idea to apply to Comm. Hospitals beside Univ programs as a back up plan. Also, call to programs that you are interested to let them know that you have applied and very much interested in their program. NY has too many programs where Indians are PD. If you take a look at their programs, they take may 1 or 2 Pak. residents are 20 or more Indians; So, becareful of these programs. Apply to smaller states, not many AMG apply there.

GL to all. My Allah (SWT) grant all their prayers in this month. Inshallah
hey
any one got IV
AOA,
I'm 2001 graduate from FJMC Lahore.My credentials are
step1 87
step2 88
CS passed
I have four letters og recommandations,two from out patient observerships and one from hospital(in patient).One letter is from clinical research.I'm US citizen and currently living in US with my husband and two kids.
So with all of credentials I'm still really nervous about my chances.I've applied in 30 IM programmes no rejections and no IVs either.What do you guys think about my chances in general.It does seem a really broken record asking this question but sometimes it just helps knowing the fact that there are so many of us who worked so hard to get to this point.Well I wish good luck to all of you,and keep me in your prayers too.
Alhamdulillah ....... finally i received my first Interview call...... but that program has no IMGs before so i dont know about my chances......
ehash congrates man
whats ur credentials
prog?
thanks ptosis
its 87/95/cs 2nd attempt
LIJ
My all Pakistani brothers and sisters, Please remember "Nazia" in your prays too. Its Ramzan and may be Allah would listen to our prays. I know one thing for sure, I need God's miracle from where I am to get residency.

Keep on posting here.

All the best to all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »