Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Ra, Ani, others... -
cristagali

I did 33, 30, 34 on USMLE CD. What would my "score" be if I took the test tomorrow? (from experience) best guess. Thanks
ra

As you know I am not a correlation fan, the best I can tell you are my scores on that CD: 42/50, 35/50, 42/50, final score on the real exam: 240/97.
cristagali

Thanks for the quick response. This is helpful.
ani

t tihink you would struggle with the exam if you took it tomorrow, maybe a pass but unlikely much more.

PS- Ra...how long before exam were those CD scores?
ra

Those scores were about 1 month before the test.
cristagali

Thats my feeling too. I'm hitting it hard for two more weeks and then the NBME. If it isn't above 500 then I'll postpone, take my finals, and reschedule for the fall. I know i need more time, but I am racing my pregnant wife..ha! SO maybe I should just wait until after the birth Good luck to all...
similar

cristagali:

didn't you say above 450 last week? way to raise the bar!
cristagali

hello...450 is a pass, probably high70's, low 80's I think. 500 is the mean which is about 85/ 215 on step 1 (I think)..I raised the bar because this is NOT a difficult test IF you have the time to prepare. Why should I take a low score now if I can study more and at least do better later, so thats why I said 500. It's Just a number, but I have the ability to alter my destiny, so I won't force it. but anyway, if I hit 490, maybe I'll be a liar..we'll see..
similar

cristagali:

just keepin' you on your toes! I am in the exact same boat as you. I just did the NMBE and got a 450! what to do?
cristagali

hello. I am not one for good advice here. Almost for certain you will pass the test, which gets you into the "ballgame", but if you are going for more competitive residencies then you might need a little longer. Ra says there are no correlations, but I think on the NBME, it's pretty darn close. I think it looks good for you especially if you have a few more weeks to cover high yield stuff. Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »