Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody w/ experience LOR signed in black ink???? - gumregah
Hi all,
I just found out that one of my LORs was signed in black ink ( waived to see the letter). I called ECFMG and she said that automatically all LORs signed in ink were stamped as photo copy. I am so disappointed. Any body had the same experience?? Do you think it will affect my application so badly? Actually there is a logo printed in red on the header of the letter (letter head).
I alrady applied on Sept 2 and most of the programs already downloaded my documents. What should I do? Please any input would be highly appreciate it.
Thanks.
I had one LOR signed in Black ink..it's from a US physician..ECFMG accepted it as original...
Only if they suspect that it's a copy; if your LOR has a logo printed in red ... don't worry about it.... GL
Thanks okieowl and cjay for your reply.
okieowl, how did you know that yours was accepted as an original?? Did you ask the ECFMG representative to check in your file??
Thanks.
Coz..I did get my LOR back during postmatch season..and they did not put the "copy" seal on it
same here .... i got mine back and it don't say "copy" or anything.
thanks again okieowl and cjay, realy appreciate your words. Will just put my hope high that the programs will consider mine as original.
Good luck to you all .
to gumregah, okieowl, cjay

I just called the ECFMG because I figured out last week that 2 of my letters were signed in black. I was shocked for her response as she confirmed that they stamped the 2 documents as copies. They told me that they have a NEW LAW saying if any document signed in black to be automatically stamped as a copy. It is really silly especially now all the letters were downloaded by programs. She mentioned that this copy stamp shouldn't affect the content of the letters and she claims that program directors know about that law which I really doubt it. Also guys, programs see only a black and white scan of the letters , so colored logos will not be seen by them.

ECFMG should at least let us know that they stamped the letters as copies because of a stupid ink color so we can ask the writers to resend them on time and before programs download them. We will see if this will affect the chances of getting interviews.

Good luck to all
hi
I have send my lor last week sep 5...do any body know how long it usually takes to be scanned and should I applied to programmes before it scanned or not..I am very scarry ..time is running so fast
two of my LORs got signed in black ink. I asked both doctors to re-send their letters and they did. I am waiting for the 2nd copy to be scanned and won't send the letter until the color one is scanned.

I called ECFMG and asked them about this, considering the letter OBVIOUSLY doens't look like a copy, why do they stamp it as a copy if it is signed in black ink? They said this is a new rule, and they go by government rules which says anything signed in black is a COPY. I think its stupid, and only a way to make our chances less at the programs.

Then i went ahead and called a few programs, they said if it is a copy, the letter is not given the same weight as one that is original. They dont know that it was an original that was just signed in black ink, all they see is the big COPY stamp that ECFMG puts! So for all they know, this might actually just be a cheap copy. They said if u can get another letter with blue ink, this woul dbe better for ur application.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »