Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My step 1 experience 223/92 - maldovamd
I have been a silent observer for a long time. Thanks to everyone who has spent time in contributing to this form and making it a wonderful experience. I got my score last wednesday

Exam day was ok, they let me start 20 minutes early and the prometric in nyc would not let me eat in the center, so i had to run downstairs outside to eat. people were staring at me, with a big beard, red bull and a huge sandwich, lol. make sure you have a game plan for breaks, it is imparitive that you schedule proper break time and sleep well too, it's not as bad as you think.

I did kaplan q bank 64%, UW63%, no NMBE and thelive lectures at NJMI, newark, nj in May+ FA. The advisor at the Newark center told me not to use FA as a primary source of study, so i didn't take any shortcuts and read all the books again. The center is a great place to study and the live lectures are a must. There's not nearly the concise amount of information in the videos as there are in the live lectures. I did do the new kaplan videos at the center too.

All together, I prepared for about 6 months, with videos after the live lectures for important topics. One person told me once that it is a reflection of how you did in school, so be minful of this before you begin your preperation.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and GL
congratulation!
Since you didnt take NBME did you take UW assesment at all??
thanks
could you please tell us which prometric site was it, so that we all can avoid it
some sites have resting areas where you can eat, seat and relax.........
at least a couple minutes..... or am I dreaming????????
can anyone share experience about it please?
i think you're just advertising for the live lectures!
Hi nicudoc

It was the one on 3rd ave, there are 3 in NY, not the penn plaza ones, but i heard in one center in nebraska, they allowed you to eat, so be careful and call ahead of time and find out. Take care

redferarari

No i'm not advertising
Hi I also did kaplan live lectures at NJMI on may... I would like to contact you to share your experience!!!
Hearty congratulations for ur sucses and wish u a good 99 in step2. GL.
Cool jatr, how did you feel the lectures were, phenomenal no. I really think they should be the main supplement to board preperation
You should've Raymon at the live lectures, Barone was second to none in his approach to pathology, you should really give the lectures a shot
You only review the FA after de lecutres?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »