Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To BU -
Sandy

Hi,
Being in Boston, I figured you'd have plenty of interviews in the area and was wondering if you've interviewed at Tufts/BIDMC or the Brigham. What did you think of these programs??
I'm focusing on NYC, but was rejected from Columbia and haven't heard from Montefiore. How about yourself?
Thanks!!
Sandy

Due to my private situtation, I am mainly focused on NY or Philly.
To get an interview at any of the Harvard programs as an IMG, you have to be already in their system, meaning you have to work there.
In that case, it is quite possible, as amatter of fact, if you are a post-doc at Harvard and your credentials do not completly suck, they will invite you as a courtesy no matter what.
For that reason, it is almost impossible to get in otherwise.
NYU wrote me an meail, stating they only invite IMGs that have somehow rotated there adn have all their slots for IMGS filled, whcih almost sounded as if they have a contigent.
Columbia rejected me as well.
Montefiore: you got Mt. Sinai adn Cornell, no reason to believe Monte is not gonna invite you.
Call them, I had some difficultiees with them as well. After I called them, they said they had invited me already mid october. So maybe your invitation fell under the table.
Good Luck

See you in NY
BU

that message was of course me BU and for Sandy..;-)
Sandy

Thanks,
I called and they asked me to e-mail a request.
I remember, you were waiting for a Mt Sinai interview. Did that work out?
Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »