Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prematch and a failed CS? -
prematch2

I was offered a prematch in a small university program ( sorry I can not mention the name of the program). I am waiting for CS. If I sign a prematch and fail the CS, will they let me retake CS and pass it before starting residency in June? I really appreciate your help.
amruta

yes. You should sign the prematch. I know for a fact that the hospitals are not obligated by any rules to have candidates that have passed the step two exam. I had a similar issue, and a program director told me that they can take a candidate who has not stepped step two, but it must be done outside of the match. If they try this via ERAs, they will not be able to take an fmg unless all of their examinations have been taken and passed.

If the above is true, then you should sign the prematch. Worse come to worse, if you fail, you can hurry up and retake it by the time you start your residency. If you like the program, take what you are given and run with it!

Good luck and congratulations!
rockyricki

Just hope, as I do, to get results by Jan, so you might have a chance to retake CS before July.
Check details of your prematch contract or ask them streight forward what is their policy or approach to the issue.
Interesting option for you might be (I am guessing):
Try to sign the contract before results of CS, which could keep you on the suface till the second take before the July, if you fail initially.
kabayan

if u get a prematch then sign it and go out of the match. if u failed step2 CS, you won't have time for the match anyways. But at least you already have a contract with the hospital and they can probably wait til you retake Step2 Cs a soon as possible. anyways, visa processing won't start until March.. you have enough time to retake it again. But be sure you have signed a contract.
docespy - docespy

Sign, sign!!!
kiran

I'm in the same boat, already signed the contract, but waiting for CS, which i took in Chicago in 1st wk of Sept. What do you think?
kabayan

will you guys just sign your prematches and cancel your other interviews so that the others can benefit from your spoils?.. including me? hehe
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »