Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to get the observership? need suggestions! - scorpinme
hi, guys: any suggestions or experience on getting observership....thanks a lot!
do u know about Mt Sinai , Miami? check out their International Mini Residency program. its a fancy name for observership. they have put out the application form on their website under Education section. cost is 750$ for 4 weeks. no insurance needed. they have already started taking candidates for 2009. so send it asap if u want it. they dont need ecfmg certificate. just need minimum scores of 80 in step 1 and 2ck.

if u are ecfmg certified check out cleveland clinic ohio and florida, umdnj

or if u want to get an observership the hardest way possible, send mails to all program directors.

i choose the 1st option. its costly but chances are good of getting one.
some universities/colleges have unwritten rules about observership .. you have to get a faculty member to sponser you, then the dept would ok it -- easier said then done I guess.

you should also try private clinics and hospitals in/around your area.
Try calling tons of doctors with private practices and wait til they call back. You may need your own insurance, though. I don't know how that really works. I worked with a private practice and I didn't need the insurance because they hired me as a part-time RN, which I am. In the end, they gave me two LOR's... which was niceSmile

You can also try FMG portal. You may end up paying $1500 in total plus accommodation if needed. You don't need an insurance with them. The doctor they had for me in Northern NJ was very good. I would recommend him.

Good luck!
nimfamd:

hi! i am a RN too. Just wondering how to ask the physicians for LOR. i work in a large hospital but i haven't told my physicians about my background. my co- workers and manager know however. i don't know how to approach this subject with them. i have a good relationship with a few doc's but don't know how to go about asking them for LOR. can you give me some suggestions? thanks!
hi flannker , thanks for message where can you get email list of program directors ?ae there observership for free ? please reply to rdsa6 thanks n advance
Try http://www.residencymail.com

hi
first u select hospital which provide obsrvership at ur place.and keep sending mails that ur intersted in doing obsrvership in certain programme in ur hospital.u keep sending for every 15days.one fine day u vl get reply from them.this is the way how i did.so keep trying.gud luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »