Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT is UP with family medicine people!!! - drtwix
what the hell is wrong with them!?? why do they ask for a whole year of USCE?? and how can a foreign graduate have a year of USCE?? i got a call from uconn int. med. primary and the FM people rejected me.. i was really counting on this place.. God.. is FM more difficult than IM these days??
because they hope you did one year of prelim or surgery or obgyn and then quit and want to transfer.
when u have so many people applying,,, they have the luxary to be picky.. plus it helps to weed out applicants... i can see the process getting totally ridiculous couple of years from now...
haha welcom to USa...... here if they need you they will teach u from scratch and make u MD and if they dont need they will remove you out even if you have PHd.....Necessity is the mother of invention my friend......and real truth is they dont have necessity for MDs any more.......Smile our time is bad......so hang in there.......
couple of years from now, I can totally see that most FM programs will be:

it would be

US hands-on clinical experience in a US univerisy medical center for 6 months,

one letter from US FM attending in a teaching hospital who can comment on your clinical skills

USMLE score of 230 or above on both steps.

graduation within 2 years.

GC holder or US citizenship only

Visa will be sponsored for exceptional candidates only.

u know ben and jerry, a lot of programs do have 80% of the criteria listed by u.. but its so sad.. because it wasnt even my back up, it was my first choice.. and if someone HAS done a year of surgery or med., they were probably aiming for highly competitive specialties.. why would they want to end up in family med?? even if they do, im sure they leave it in year to try again for their original specialty of choice

the process is totally ridiculous already.. i read sumwhere that they badly need primary care physicians.. maybe theyre making it more competitive just to attract more people.. so much for my 99
m2acapsule : are you kiddin me dude? The process is ALREADY bad . I graduated in 01, only a handful ppl applied for or even heard of USMLE ...now look at things ....US is bearing the weight of indian (and other) docs! Look at the NRMP stats. The number of positions and applications ratio was balanced until 05 or so ...but now, it's crazy dude....It's already bad ...and with every passing yr, considering the 'Bhedchaal' things will go from bad to worse....(PS even I'm in the bhedchaal!)
i think they shud build a huge ass fence around india lol
i bet it would make things a lil better for all the other guys...would'nt it?
u know there was a guy here few days ago saying that hes gonna write a letter to senate about giving people with green card jobs.. maybe he shud write one to india too lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »