Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From B1 to refugee status - x_rayed
Hi everyone. I'm in the process of changing my status. If anybody has got an experience whether it it possible to start residency on pending alien status. Do, do , do appreciate any input. Thanx
Folk, please, anybody.
Dude or gal (I am not sure who you are) If you file for a refugee status, while your application is pending you are eligible for EAD(Work Permit). So you have no visa issues unless you are denied refugee status later on.

Most programs that accept Green Cards also accept work permit.

So plan accordingly
Thats a good move but guess what? you just lost a chance to ever practise medicine in USA. No patient wants to be seen by a REFUGEE doctor. sorry about that. All hope is not lost, you can still work at McDonalds.
thanx, hopetomatch. Might be kind of relief. I thought that while my B1 case is pending, I'm in secure place. But it was a steer bum. Definitely I wanted to change my status earlier but was consulted by uscis.gov not to do it until you receive result of your apppication. So, mates, don't get in the same trap as I did. Pending B1 status doesn't mean it will be easily swaped into H1 or J1.
Cheers, tacrolimus. I think REfugee folk wouldnt mind be seen by REFUGEE doctor
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »