Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique problem,help guys!!!!! - missioncali
Well,i dnt know if any of u has dis problem. I hav a habbit of goin to bed late at night and waking up late in the morning. I just can't function if i get out of bed before 9 am. Since ma exam is on oct 22nd and i have to reach there early in the morning,i am very worried if i'l be able to adjust in next few days.I felt nauseated nd weak when i tried to change my routine! PLEASE HELP!!!!!
u must make a schedule 2 weeks before as to when to get up and when to sleep
its very imp too be physically fit during those 8 hours

start getting up early and do not sleep or rest during the day
such that u r totally exausted till 11
u must be in bed by 11 on exam eve

start practising

I am tryin buddy bt nt workin
You can start the exam at some centers at 12pm noon. Try to schedule if u find too hard to adapt waking up early. One of my friend had morning sickness , so she scheduled for the 12 noon session. I dont know if all prometric centers have it .
Have same problem Sad
i HAVE THE EXACT same problem...believe me you must make a way to get to bed and force yourself to get up at a certain time few days if not few weeks b4 exam...if your exam is oct 22 then start now....last time i took my exam i was such in the habit of sleeping late i didn't start fallin asleep until about 5 am and i had to wake up at 6:30!

maybe u can try what i do ...my exam is oct 30th so i've started to put an alarm clock in my bathroom or somewhere else in the house which forces me to have to physically get out of the bed and walk over to it to turn it off...maybe put your in teh bathroom so that u just get right in the shower or something whn eu turn it off.....if i don't do that all i do is roll over in the bed and hit snooze 95 million times and next thing i know it's 12 noon instead of 8am when i set the alarm.

and also try settin more than one alarm i do that also...i i plan to wake up at 8 i set my cell phone to 7:30-7:45 and then my real alarm which is near my bathroom for 8am

so again try placing your alarm somewhere that isn't near your bed...and try may using more than one alarm for the next couple of days
yeah!!!!!!!!! i have the same problem...............i think u'll have to sacrifice a day fro adjusting yr routine..........i mean study less that day .take a pill and then go to sleep.........and then do teh alarm thing as diamond suggested
U HAVE TO DO IT AT ANY COST..................!!

just try , try and again try...... try ........ till u succeed.. it will take couple of day more..
1.Try Going to bed an hour early every successive night
2.donnt try to take a single nap during the day time
3.& Last f all ..... Wash ur face with Cold water ,may be a 20 times to get going in the Morning
Best of luck
i recently started to prepare for my usmle...as i came from india before few months to US,i founded very difficult to study.....
in the begining i was in the same situation....
but my husband advised me, it will b tough for the exam...(i thank my husband)
so i tried hard for 4 days and now iam waking up at early morning,sleeping at 12 in the night
dont worry u can do it........................start from today dont delay....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »