Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tips for matching from a PGY1 resident - droidor
Hello i am a PGY1 categorical medicine resident at a very good university program. i started in july this year and have some free time this month as i am not rotating in a heavy service.

this thread is to help you guys this year for the match or interview process
tip 1
its a good idea to start emailing PDs not the program secretary or coordinator as the mail will be deleted. go to the program website get the complete and correct name of the admissions director. google him with the searcg string like this

"john doe md email"

or

"john doe @ address"
without the commas you will get some hits leading to some pages where they have their emails. it might not be the dept website but some magazine or article with correspondence address.

another way is to go to pubmed and search them

write to them in brief you creds. scores/USCE/ and why you would make a excellent fit. attach a PDF biosketch,

this helps too
thnks droidor
Hi Droidor,

good advice, but how would Pds feel about getting unsolicited emails? Would they frown on that sort of thing, and could it backfire on the applicant?
if an applicant is strong they might remember it during the interview. however if they are going to be not interested then they will delete the mail even without opening! so i think there is more to gain than lose
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »