Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE ASK THIS QUESTION at your Interview !!! - themadmike
What was it about my cv or profile that caused you to give me an interview??

Please post your responses to this question here. Please Help out other people. Help others who are struggling to find out how to get interviews. PLease ask this question to the programs that offered you an interview.

sincerly
Dr.Mike
http://thankyougodforresidency.blogspot.com/
Are u kidding? Unless you do not want to get matched! Goodluck though and keep us updated
I think its a great question to ask them. I recently spoke to a resident and he told me he ask that question on his interview, and the program direct answered it and told him " we really were impressed by your recommendations". I asked my friend how were his recommendations and he told me that most of them were about 2 pages long and were well written, as opposed to other short 1 paragraph letters of recommendations.

Would be interesting to see , what was it that sounds out about people to a program that they actually offer that person an interview... Would be nice to see what the programs says to you...

please post them here....
This is an excellent question to ask....usually toward the end of the interview. I asked it also of the PD........the response was "Your application was balanced nicely between scores, clinical experience, personal statement etc" It is a valid question and I suggest everyone ask it.
we need dumb-dumb's input, give us some gum gum babe!
I was wondering what if an iv was offered because of your contact in the program and your CV and credentials are not impressive at all ? Smile Smile Smile
I am sure 50% of the candidates would be like this and PD would have a hard time explaining it....Smile Smile
50% got IVs through contacts???? who are these ppl and how'd they get the "contacts"??? Hmmmmm interesting Jayhind
@cjay

yes buddy... this is the fact..bitter though...

a friend of mine was talking to a chief resident of "so called" very good Uni based program. Ofcourse that chief resident was a friend of him. And he clearly said that he had 4-5 persons to recommend for Interview in his program and most proly they would get a spot too...
And this is true for almost all programs ...either PD's contacts or faculties' contacts work a lot...

In one of the program half of the seats were already predecided before IVs even start...

This is how the system is and is how it works....cant help it...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »