Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Dominicans Taking Step 1 -
Embajador

What school did you attended? What is your approach?
docespy - docespy

INTEC
Coji los live lectures de kaplan y estoy haciendo preguntas del qbank y de usmleasy y leyendo first aid y crashing the boards. Y tu?
docespy - docespy

CRIOLLO QUE TE PASO...
Latinmatador

DominicanAmerican from Chicago.UNIBE graduate. Doing Kaplan notes and a lots of prayer. When done with notes for the third time, will do lots of questions and more prayer. When I did my intership in Santo Domingo, I realized that as a doctor I could be and instrument of God to help my people and that is sincere. I am tired of how latino patients are treated in general.
docespy - docespy

I'm also DominicanAmerican born in NY raised in Santo Domingo and living in Houston .
Don't focus on the politics concenrate on your basic sciences
patients are treated worse in Santo Domingo.
My brother is a practicing physician in Chicago.
I'm doing exactly the same thing as you , my test is in 27 days .I'm now using FA and Crashing the Boards.
BEST OF LUCK AND REMEMBER NEVER SURRENDER
cue

estudie en dominicana, en UNIBE, aunque no soy dominicano. pero mi esposa si es pues yo me considero dominicano hasta la tambora Smile

exam en un mes.
mc

Latinmatador ,keep up with your attitude cos everyone talk book but no prayer.which is essential as reading too.all the best
cue

btw, latinmatodor, I agree with you 100%. I almost got kicked out of my suregery rotations for being outspoken because I was so upset and disgusted with the way residents and nurses were treating the patients. May be you and I both can make a difference there in the future.
Latinmatador

Good luck to all. You already are champs. People with good hearts. Thank you docespy keep focussed, believe in God believe in your self. Ask your mom to tap you on the forehead, my mother says"that is for maternal reasurance". And you will be fine.
mc and cue thanks for your support and great attitude. By the way if you guy are interested in Chicago, the state of IL is requiring a certain number of CME hours. Latino and Spanish speaking doctors are on demand here. God bless you all and good luck.
ale

Hi, I am dominican, I went to Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo. graduated in 1991. I took step I last year, did not pass, but still trying to keep myself motivated. I live in Naples Fl. I am reading goljan notes, and FA, BSS questions etc etc ...... planning to take the test again this year with God Help.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »