Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
family medicine mother thread - dumbdumb
From the ages of dinosaurs to the age of Obama, the truth is out there...

this thread is solely for myself and other FM aspirants.
didnt get anything form FM I sent almost 60 application no rejection no IVs so far whats wrong?
Hi there!
why is FP always reckoned as a back-up option or for people with low scores?Aren't they doing a really good job serving the underserved areas? or is it because of the low earning potential of their field?IF so, how much do they make per annum?please give me some input.coz i am interested in pursuing family practice.thanx in advance.

About $140,000 a year but depends where.

this is one of the few residencies you can do to practice in the ER. And in Er you have good hours, no on call, great income 180,00 to start, what more do you want !!!!!
ohmygod, nowadays FM is highly selective and PDs r very picky bunches. No FM usce or interests showed no ivs.
am FM with very good scores and USCE. I make over $200K. If you are applying for 'backup' try pediatrics, or physical medicine and rehab, or a different career.
I work as a hospitalist.
dumbdumb.
i have 6 mon th USCE FM exp and good US doc lors
and I have 3 yrs exp western europe FP/IM exp also
if this is not enough...well, can not do anything I feel sorry for myself .
interviews typically start in November and December, sometimes in October.
Hi ,
If anybody could kindly advise on chances for Family practice residency with step 1-81 [First attempt] , step 2-83[ First attempt, 2000graduate, IMG, 2 years Public Health study and experience.

I wish i were you... i have a little better scores but lack of US experience...
Go for it!!! scores are not a problem for FP
U just convince them that you are really interested and are not going to jump into another specialty.
Your public health studies are gonna help a lot... write a nice PS...

One my friends with step1 75 and step2 75 got into family practice in CA
dumbdumb you can practice in ER as a FP MD BUT the hospital can't charge insurance companies for certain things a FP MD does in the ER where as with an ER MD they can charge the insurance more money. So it's very very rare to see an FP in the ER nowadays... This is what an ER doc explained to me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »