Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
family medicine mother thread - dumbdumb
there has to be significant changes in health care, in order to attract more and more physicans. Primary Care is not appealing at all in my opinion, in some aspects, such as salary, and insurance companies runnin the show basically. Cut the corrupt and greedy insurance companies out, and allow doctors to practice medicine, and things will be better. much much better that is..
Salary is good for me, above $200 K but I do work hard when I do work.. admitting shifts are challenging.. but manageable...
Clinic salaries start out sometimes very low, like $120 K that is an INSULT.
I think that several doctors working in bigger cities are not working comfortably. Not only primary care.
nurses honestly, for the most part are ok, some are really really stupid I am sorry to say. I think that seasoned nurses try and talk down residents and newer physicians. It is like a two handed rule.
Black people can talk about white people, but white people cannot talk about black people.
Short people can talk bad about tall people, but tall people cannot talk bad about short people.
Nurses can talk sh+t to doctors, but its terrible if a doctor answers back. This is why I like to spend minimal time in the hospital some days honestly.
The corrupt politics are TERRIBLE.
Nurses at night are ridiculous, a nurse was arguing with me over a diagnosis of A Fib. Stupid idiot nurse, I have done lectures on EKG reading.
I cannot stand arrogant nurses, but its a double standard, you cannot say anything back.
This is maybe less than 5% of the time or so that you deal with incompetence, but you learn how to react to it........ and you just think about your monthly salary.. more than some people's yearly salary.
i think Obama will bring that change - first he is not prowar like McCain so the war cost will be cut dramatically. and all starting docs will be middle class- that's the class he wants to protect. and he will take on the big pharma and insurance companies.

Go Obama!
don't u think nurses in the south or in suburban areas r more friendly or it's all depends?
I never worked with nurses in South, but I imagine they may be the same, hopefully nicer... on the East coast they are vicious at times let me tell you.. tell them to do anything
"I do not have time"
scary stuff...
we need to definitely cut the war cost, and more money into health care, and less money for people like Dermatologists. That is ridiculous, they make more money than General Surgeons and Critical Care docs to freeze warts and pick at acne.
Doctors need money..... money makes the world go round.. he better as hell not TOUCH my income..
I would love it if Obama took down those crooked insurance companies that would be amazing...
remember guys, McCain thinks that the current health care situation is ok, and he does not plan on doing anything to change it, which would be disastrous, including severely overpaying people like Derm and Opthalmology, and Orthapedic Surgery.
That sht needs to stop NOW.
There needs to be equal distribution in Medicine.
Vote Obama for your futures.
strongly concur - and why nurse anesthetists make more money than many specialty docs? what's the justice in that? because they use top-notch equipments and medications?
they don't even practice independently - they always under supervise of anesthesiologists.
is there any bible for FM residency and later on practice, genesismd?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »