Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mrmom - parasnath
Hi
i just want to ask few questions
1) what should be the dress code for the dinner b4 the IV.
2) you suggested PREVIEW-----how to ask for this. will resident give their time for just me?

I am asking the second q---becos one program has already contacted me 3 times. his chief resident also contacted me
and PD-also wrote a Letter with My name about the upcoming changes in the program.

Now how should i approach them.

IF U R FREE COULD PLEASE GIVE ME E-MAIL ID-----I wanna practice IV with you....if u dont mind

my email id is humtum2009
i m sorry my email id is tendulkarsachin50
I have attended a total of 3 dinners in the past 3 years, they all were casual. Of course casual is different for everyone. Dont wear gym clothes and dont wear a tuxedo, not even a tie. With out going into complete specifics for each article of clothing, I would say, dress as though your going to your spouses friend (whom you dont know) birthday party.

Obviously from my responses to that post about previewing a program, it is a touchy subject, but one that I defend. If the program is within your traveling budget restraints you should do it, especially if you have a small amount of interviews. Just ask.....Dear Mr. PC, Do you offer the opportunity to preview to preview your program? If so, could you please contact me to schedule a date.......Or something that. It sounds as though this program is interested in you. Take what you can get and run with it. Better to have this this whole mess done with.

I will answer your questions but, I dont have time to practice interviewing. I will make a suggestion and you may think its silly. Go to a shopping center, one not so close to your home, so you wont meet any body you know. And strike up conversations with people. Just approach people and start talking with them. Im not saying chase after people. Confront people sitting at the lunch table next to you, the cashiers or people just sitting relaxing. This will teach you to be more relaxed talking to strangers.

Respond to them in kind,...."Great to hear from you....Im excited to hear that....Cant wait to see the program .......and so on"

RELAX!!!!!

GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »