Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone who got interview after failure - lailausmle
is there anybody who failed in either step 1 or step 2 and still got an interview.please reply.
highly unlikely given the competition this year.....in fact even people in 90s dont have many ivs these days. If sum1 does get then will be thru contacts, but I dont see it happening dude.

GL
There are many I am sure. But people dont mention that. But it is extremely hard. I think if they do get IVs..it is through contacts. Attempt is a suicide. For future applicants, plan your steps very carefully. Attempt is suicide.
totally agree, its suicide.....5yrs ago it was alrite, even maybe 3yrs ago but now impossible unless you have deep contacts within a program, even then these days its difficult.

Plan steps carefully like hellousa mentioned. Scores are EVERYTHING nowadays no matter what the programs say on the website. They have a great choice of high 99ers these days, so they are not even looking at low scorers, failures dont even have a chance now.

GL
The only way I see in such case is to try for 99/99/99 in all 3 steps, even if it means you taking long time to take each step. Believe me, that's better than getting a low score. This is the only option I think for anyone who flunked one step. You will however be limited in your applications since so many programs these days clearly mention 1st attempt pass.
Contacts??? Well, the only contact i had was my contact to GOD!!!

I failed step 1 one time (64/152).... no visa, only 1 month clerkship in the us, creds. 86/92/pass, graduated 2005.., 1 us lor....

this is my first match...i had 4 iv´s so far and i prematched at my #1 choice (which was my 2nd iv- last week)..

and i am even getting an h1b visa... just waiting for my step 3 results any day now...

so you see...everything is possible----you just gotta try it and don´t give up---no one said it was going to be easy.. remember... there is no elevator to success-you gotta take the stairs...

i know the competition is high- but with the grace of god everything is possible!!!

stop doubting and start believing!!!

of course its better not to have an attempt..but hey, sometimes it happens...are you trying to say if it happens someone should then give up?? N-E-V-E-R!! If i would have done that, i would not be where i´m at now!!!

peace & blessings
We love you cococure!!
i,v got 1 iv with cs attempt so far. no contact
have you guys heard getting into residency with 1 iv only. keeping faith on God.
csla2--- well, it only takes one iv to get a residency spot- basically..

i prematched at my 2nd iv- so it is possible and like you have said- with keeping the faith you can´t go wrong---you don´t have a choice anyway but to hope & pray... thats what i did--- and here i am now-exhaling & relaxing for the next 8 months until my residency starts...

good luck ( and the iv season is not over yet..you can still get a few ivs..people are cancelling ivs everyday...)
cococure God bless you! We appreciate you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »