Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big concern about interviews - hamburg
Hi maybe someone can share their experience with me, I have gotten a good deal of Psych interviews, I want to do this field, but the problem is I think I should also get more I got married have ead and good scores, but I wear a head scarf anyone think this could keep me from getting interviews? I see some programs have residents that cover themselves..
any feedback?
If you are going to be negative please don't bother I want only normal people to answer
well, being married shouldn't make much of a difference. Having an EAD can help you compared to other IMG's, but AMG's still get preference over you regardless of thier immigration status. Good scores help pass the cut off criteria.

Overall, everyone feels that they should have more interviews.

Now to the bigger stuff...the head scarf: Prejudice
Did you wear a head scarf in your Photo? As far as I know, it should not make a difference because programs don't see your picture until AFTER they have granted you an interview. So it shouldn't hurt you.
have seen lots of female residents wear headscarves where i was doing observership and that too in a southern state. so thats a strange question.
I dont think its either is a big deal, the EAD is an advantage, as for headscarves i've seen some female residents wear those in the departmental pictures ,
Its important that the program accepts you for who you are, otherwise you will hate your residency time...so be yourself, and goodluck.
It should bring you more blessings. God bless your soul.
Respect your God, then everything will be OK. Remember, nothing will happen to you as will as everyone else without God's Well! Just keep that in your mind, please.

Congrats in advance for your residency.
you people are wonderful and thank you for making me feel much better
you people are wonderful and thank you for making me feel much better
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »