Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most of my IVs came late - hellousa
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share a thought. I had no interviews when I started in September and October. But in November, IVs are coming. I think what worked for me was that I kept calling and emailing the programs till November and now when they had cancellations, they already knew me as a potential candidate. I would REALLY encourage all of you to call and email the programs you are interested in. Find residents who are from your own medical school. Send them emails. Dont get disheartened, if you dont get any positive response. Keep showing your interest. It is a matter of chance. You never know when you get that chance. God bless you all.
thank you
thanks hellousa for ur support...
i hav just 2 ivs...
should i start calling programs?
i hav applied in psych
Yes call them. It is not the time to shy away. This is your opportunity. Dont let it go so easily. I wont!! I would even call the program after getting a rejection, why they rejected me? Sometimes they have no answer Smile. That is a big amusement to see them speechless.
hellousa, congrats to u.

Do we need to mail /call PD or Program Coordinator? Silly question, dont think otherwise
Start with the coordinators. When they sound irritated, send email to the director. Remember the content of your email should be convincing. It should be your personal statement but much shorter. Sometimes we need to have phone interviews to get to actual interviews. Sometimes we have email interviews before we get an interview. I call my emails my email interviews. You must take care of grammar, program's strengths, PD's research work and interests, your background especially how you match their interests...Dont mention the word residency in the msg header. Rather make it something interesting so that they dont delete your email. I have an advantage that I have my work email. If you have a work email address, you have an advantage over others. Dont write long emails. The length should be 5-6 lines. This is to save it from going into delete folder. Give it your best shot and always remember God before you talk to anyone. It is all because of His mercy. He can put mercy in anyone;s heart.
Dear hellousa,

Appreciated for your reply and post.thank you.

Yes, GOD's help will always be there.I will try the option now in the name of GOD.

hellousa
what are your credentials? i don't have any iv and its mid nov now.
thanks
man those are beutiful words thank you
Ummah. My credentials are not stellar. I have scores in low 80s. Bless your heart. You will get interviews. Just keep calling the programs. This is the season of cancellations. If there is any program near you, even if it a 2-3 hour drive, just go and meet with them. Try to get an appointment(which they will never give u). Just drop by and say I was in this area. I thought why not come and meet with you. Never show desperation. Always ask" what can i do for next year? How can I improve my CV? What can I do to get into your program as I am not going any where. I am ready to take any necessary steps to be elligible. Rather than asking for an interview...ask for their advice. You just have to show committment and love for their program. Again you can never FAKE interest. If you have it, it will show. If you dont, unless you are a very good actor, you cannot show it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »