Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qualified Citizens and GC Doctors - change
To Idumed!

your program director and you will find about it soon when his hospital will be sued soon but dont forget asking him again what he would think after that!
the rabid guy that put this up is not interested in logic

Every one knows that a GC holder or US citizen will be taken over an IMG anyday....Oh I forgot to mention, everyone except him.
Why would any PD want to spend thousands of dollars to procure an img when he can save that money by taking AMGS?
tHERE ARE ALSO MANY PROGRAMS THAT DO NOT SPONSOR VISAS, APPLY TO THOSE, i'LL PROVIDE YOU A LIST IF YOU LIKE.
The solution is not to chase out IMGs but to create more residency slots
All this for a temporary 3 year job?...all you need is one interview...just one
As everyone else Docwell ,
Do you think is easier for us ?? . There are already programs that do not sponsor any type of visa . We have to work as hard as you or even harder in order to being considered .
PD's who do not look at CG/Citizen issue do so because IT SHOULD NOT BE AN IMPORTANT factor in making the decision for IV invitations .
What matters is your application as a whole : scores , USCE, rec. letters , ps , etc .
Do what ever you have to make yourself feel better but take into account that what you are doing might not obtain the results you all expect . There will not be an instant or magical solution to your problem.
to dr.usa :
SUED ?? . Common , Is that what all your years of training and studying have come to . How can you seek legal action on a hospital you intend to apply for a residency position . Think !! about it , you are digging your own grave with that way of thinking
@ldumed

enforcing the law is the solution,looking at every application fairly is a solution,investigating how 95% of people coming from certain places on the world have a score 95 and up in steps and not scoring even mid 80s on step 3 is a solution....do you want me to continue...
NRMP match result is the proof that how many citizens have been denied over visa needing IMG.

Many progams donot even bother to give IV to high scorer Citizen and give rather to visa needing img.Whats the logic here?
Listen docwell
I come from one of the countries you so disrespectul mention . I obtained 92/99/pass , 3. I have 15 iv ans 2 prematch offers so far , with 10 iv left . Do you want me to go on ... .
Stop complaining !!!
I am leaving the discussion , good luck to everyone !!!
Yeah docwell, why dont you tell us your scores?

I can tell you why people who have high scores in step1 and 2 have average scores in step3
As a PD explained to me, step 3 is an exam you take at the end of your intern year, ie first year of residency, again they dont try to score as high because all they want is for you to get a PASS, and they are pressured to take it for the visa...ouch....dont you hate that!
BTW have you called the PD?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »