Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signed psych prematch and now a BETTER offer???? - yellowfever
hello ever1, i signed a prematch at a hospital in NY (psychiatry) 2 weeks ago and 2day all of a sudden i got a call from another hospital in NJ about prematch offer..

actually the NJ hospital i ived was BEFORE the NY hospital where i signed the prematch. Is it possible i can cancel my prematch and sign the new prematch?? where can i find rules about this??

thanks
from what i know once you sign this is a binding agreement you have to take
i think you can do that. last year a friend of mine signed a prematch in IM and on the same day he got prematch offer from another better program he interviewed before. he called the program immediately and told like he want to go to other place. the PD was really pissed up...now my fren is working at the hospital whr he got his 2nd prematch from...
you can say like u have family ties there or sth like that. GL
always ask an attorney. But as far as i know, you are already bounded whatever written on it but there are always instances where a contract can be void(maybe death or illness or something else), but i dont think "better offer" is one of themSmile just to be sure, consult an attorney
i dont understand why it is difficult to reject an out of match offer and sign a better one? What binding rulz i have to abide by since there is no specific law about prematches?

yes if one had avoided a nrmp position thru match it wouldve been like rejecting a bound-by-law position??
spacedoc,
i dont have time or even money to consult attorney thats the problem coz i need to inform about acepting prematch soon.
read nrmp guidelines re:prematch etc
I think program can piss off and take matters to nrmp. So decide carefully please.

Also tell me about the prg you signed before. Was it a community program ? University program ?

and this one is it more better then the NY one ?

WOW you are so lucky !!

May I know your cred please ? You need a visa ? Scores ? Graduation ? USce ? please/

How many calls you got till now ?
Yellowfever,

Be Careful. If you think you can reject a prematch offer and then join another one, then I think even the program also has a right to reject you in case they find a better candidate. I think its a mutual agreement once you accept & sign the offer.
congrats on the prematch offers....have only one iv in Psych at this time... how did you impress Psych interviewers? what are they looking for? can you advise? can we exchange emails? thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »