Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@@@@@@@@@@abuse of immigration law@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ - thurkee
Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding proposed changes to the H-1B and L-1 temporary guest worker programs. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I share your support for measures that protect the jobs, wages, and benefits of American workers.
The Senate Judiciary Committee is currently considering S.1035, the H-1B and L-1 Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act of 2007. This bill would require all employers to make verifiable efforts to recruit American workers prior to filing for admission of guest workers. S.1035 would also prohibit the outsourcing of H-1B workers (a method used by unscrupulous employers to evade H-1B hiring restrictions) and would strengthen the Department of Labor's ability to initiate investigations of H-1B and L-1 employers.
Be assured that I will keep your views in mind should S.1035 or similar legislation come before the full Senate.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »