Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@@@@@@@@@@@@abuse of immigration law@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ - thurkee
American citizens and soon GC holders will have a right to vote. In USA, the onlything that the legislators understand is the vote. Leaders such as the President, understand the langauage of vote. When our citizens are hurting because of foriegners then the natural outcome is an adjustment till in immigration, ecforcement of immigration laws. To understand this issue, just look at the issue of illegal immigration. It was allowed becuase it was not affecting our Amercian citizens. As soon as the American economy became bad, we saw either the illegals left themselves or were forced out by immigration raids. It happened in the last one year.

Now, my friend is the utne of all visa requiring IMGs who think it is their natural born right to displace a citizen IMGs. Guess what, tomorrow they will dump our USA when our USA needs them becuase the same people are dumping their countries to come to US for making more money. Do not tell me they are here to serve humanity becuase their countrymen need them more than USA. Do not tell me that they are here for education and then they will go back to theri countries becuase you just have to look at the statistics where almost all of them end up stayign in USA.

Let us put our house in order.
The cycle repeats itself. The goal of non-US citizens and non-GC holders is to get resisdency positions and hopefully become American citizens and have dual citizenship. I doubt anyone will move back to their own country once they complete their resisdency training. Once these people become citizens, they will start bitching about other "foreigners" taking their jobs. In US, it is called survivor of the fitness---only the best can compete but most will end up in their own country again.
How you can make change:
From an email I received recently:

"Friday, November 14, 2008, approx. 1:35 p.m. MST

Dear Friends,

For those of you still interested in filing suit against those who would deprive you of a residency position, I suggest you follow the procedure outlined to me by Mr. Alex MacLean, an attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice (USDOJ). He can be reached at alex.maclean@usdoj.gov

Mr. MacLean told me the following:
1) It is useless to try to sue the AAMC, the AMA, NRMP, ERAS, or Medicare, as they are not responsible for the hiring of foreign national phsycians or those on temporary visas over U.S. citizens and green card (GC) holders. The USDOJ will not sue them.
2) Any suits should be directed against the individual residency programs that have discriminated against you. So, start collecting your data on those programs that favor foreign nationals over U.S. citizens and GC holders, and spread the word! Once you have those lists, you can send them to DocRunaway and/or to alex.maclean@usdoj.gov
3) Please tell Mr. Alex MacLean that you would like to file charges. He will inform you of the procedure to follow. It is fairly easy, and it will cost you nothing.
4) It is useless to file charges if you have not been wronged in the last 180 days. In other words, in order to sue, the infraction must have occurred within the last 180 days. So, if you have not applied this year through ERAS, you cannot sue the residency programs through the USDOJ. It is not too late to apply through ERAS right now.

That's it in a nutshell. I have already filed charges. You should do the same. Best of luck, and spread the word.

Thank you."
@umd
actually thats exactly what i been doing for 2 weeks now ,i am calling every program i applied to and ask them about the status of my application,why they did not send me any emails even though i applied on Sept.2nd, i also ask them how many interviews they offered until now ? and how many people who got interviews are US citizen and how many are not?

some of PC are nice but the majority are nasty but trust me i have nothing to lose i gave back it back to them and i become more nasty until i get any thing out of them.
anyways ,i will do every thing i could do to protect my right.
Good work. Keep it up. Visa requiring IMGs need not come to this thread and waste their time. We are not interested in what visa requiring IMGs have to say about the enforcement of immigration law.
@thurkee
does this law also have some thing of removing illiterate foreign doctors who r already int he residency programs??? can we cancel their visa and remove them and give that slots to forth coming Us citizens ???? i really wanna know about this......since stopping illiterate FMGs wont help, ones already in should also be romoved....???? what do you think about dat???
thurkee???
I would support any action that gets rid of those who broke the immigration law to get into a system being funded by me. I know a lot of vise requiring IMGs are in our residency programs who are not qualiifed and I WOULD SUPPORT KICKING THEM OUT. Also, some of those not qualiifed IMGs do not understand the American system and it takes them a few years to get adjusted to our system. Citizen IMGs know the system and do not need to go through a learning curve.
hmm....interresting....
I did email alex maclean. All citizen imgs please do the same. We need to put some pressure on PDs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »