Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV experience at Carilion FM Pgrm, Roanoke VA? - lascha
hi guys, this is my only IV and was wondering if some1 could give me some details on the IV at this pgrm

Do they ask any medical q's?
what are we supposed to do during the morning rounds? just round with them - or they ask q's to the applicants during rounds? should we ask q's?

i have low scores and need a visa, but i dont know how i got an IV from this place - so I am very worried if they will ask more med q's to me?

I understand some of these are really stupid thoughts or q's but I do not have any exp with IVing and this being my only IV, I want to give it my best shot.

Thanks a lot for reading my post and helping me out - I hope I can help some1 in return after my IV experience! Wish you all a very good luck!!!
no medical questions
very casual environment
general questions about urself and why u want to do fam med..
and why did u to apply to the program
Thanks a lot docrock123. Have u IVed there this year? who IVed you? i will be IVing in Jan
i interviewed there last year
i m an intern there now
Hi Lascha,

It's a very nice program and the interview was extremely laid back.. they might invite you for dinner the previous evening with a resident. i personally found it to be very nice and relaxing.. the interview day was pretty cool..ur tagged along with a resident i guess and he/she tours u around and u get to talk a lot with them..during breakfast and at lunch outside..(i thoguht i was eating a lot during the day which was actually cool..) all the residents and faculty there are really friendly and warm people.. the residents i met were very personable and were willing to answer all my questions.. hmmm i dint have any medical questions and basically not once did i feel threatened or was put in the spot..

so relax and get ur self together..give it ur best shot.. i wish u good luck...

thanks for saying nice things about my program:-)
its a great place to work !!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »