Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass at second attempt, Now I am back to help you - sure4
buddy, in CNS examination we use pen for MMSE, or three step command..BUT immediately after that should we wash our hand and start our examination??
angle567
No need to again wash hands................no body is going to check such minute things
You can definitely use pen in stead of 3 step commands and it saves a lot of time.

mleprep08
check your email

Good luck to all
Good work sure4!
Congrates and All the Best for your residency.
nice day
Good luck &
Have a nice day!
thanks sure4 this is really a good post
u r welcome
good luck us2cs
buddy, i had a lot of problem during washing hands , that could be the cause of my failure . i couldn't wash hand, summarize history, look at patient face at the same time.
pliz advise me what all things should i do during washing hands?? Even i couldn't pronounce patient name correctly. i cannot concentrate more than one thing at a time.
thanx in advance..
can we say Sir/Madam instead of calling by name?
i can't pronounce difficult English name correctly..
help me..
angle567
please spare 25-30 seconds for thorough hand washing.....you can't talks with the patient while tap is on............but u can inform patient after tap is closed and looking in the eye of patient that

"Now I need a physical on you. Please be assured that I will keep informing you at each step of examination. Do you have any concern for right now?" (at this time you should have couple of tissue papers to dry your hands (there is no hand dryer) and then rubbing your hands to make it warm)

OTHERWISE

one of my friend used gloves (which are latex free and in two sizes......try out them before exam, gloves are offered in orientation room) and passed exam

You must summarize history and positive PE before wind up..........U must look in patient's eyes COMFORTABLY.........as long as possible (Hey ! don't fall in love with young chicks!!!)

NO SIR or NO MADAM business............U must call patient by last name only MR SMITH or MRS JOHNATHAN what ever........if you have some difficulty in doing so .......ask the patient "By which name should I call you can you please pronounce it for me? Pt will defiantly pronounce it for you ... and say thank u for that .......in phone call or parent in office you must ask the parent or care giver to pronounce child's name .........even if you know......which help to build rapport among u and care giver

Learn by heart all questionnaire in practice (make your own list) I have given my list which was comfortable to be in this post....................so no need to think at exam

Dear sure4, could you please give me a email when you have time, I have some questions what to ask you? Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »