Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please answer this question - drnimesh
during a FM interview if a PD asks why are prefering FM not Internal Medicine ? what according to you will be good and appropriate answer please help
A very tricky one for me, being a psych person.

"I believe both FM and IM overlap in certain things rather compliment each other but there are some subtle differences that definitely get me more inclined towards FM. The most important is not restricting myself to a certain specialty that limits my scope to practice Medicine. As vast Medicine is, being an internist definitely serves the purpose but the philosophy behind the concept of having a FAMILY PHYSICIAN is very interesting. "A physician for the entire family. " I agree that the trends are changing and many internests are competing against family physicians in Primary care setting but the good old concept of "doctor for the entire family" will never go away. This same concept attracts me towards FM and not IM."

Not very impressive answer but this is what I can think right now. Smile
thanks any more inputs
because you wanna do GYN and deliver babies....its the major diff between fam and IM
You want to suture minor cuts.
You want to see babies at well child visit.
Just my 2 cents.
u are a versatile person... like to have a variety in ur life..do not want to confine urself to one sex / age group.
hi
more inputs
more continuity in care
//////
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »