Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed step 3 - renal2008
really depressed....failed step 3....
help please !!! ..
how to plan things?
i am very sorry!
Sorry friend. may be I am not the right person to give expert opinion as I just started studying. just some suggestions.

Do UW,kaplan q bank minutely,take time to read the answers,take points down in ur notes. Use CK kaplan notes or pr notes,whatever suits u.
for CCS ,do UW cases,learn them properly.

take NBME ,see where u r.

first find out where the fault was,do self searching. U r the best person to judge ur fault. come on the forum,we all r here,participate here,u ll find friends. Keep up the hope,God will help u. Be steady and start after a short break.

Good luck.
I know how difficult it is but it happens even with guys that have high scores in other steps
Just hold on
focus on CCS
study primer review ... its concised and to the point
did u feel u have done fair enuff in ur exam ?
Im sorry....dont give up...take a week or 10 days ...im sure ull bounce back MUCH stronger...
Lots of people fail including residents , so pls dont blame urself
my score report says i am weak in endocrine,respiratory,female reproductive,infectious immune and cardivascular.

lower performance in history and physical,diagnosis and prognosis,health maintainence,clinical intervention.

lower performance in office and health center.

my CCS shows higher performance.

please guide me how to start?

what was ur study metrial?
how long did u prepare?
nbme score?
UW score?

PR NOTES X 3 TIMES
4 MONTHS
UW SCORE 50
do not get depressed. you have no time to be sad or depressed. just get up again and reschedule ur test...start studying and think of it as building on ur previous hardwork and take ur test asap. do not add too many new things to ur prep, revise all old stuff quickly and may be revise ur weak topics from a quick review book like FA.

Dont get disheartened. its just "another test"...attempts on step 3 is no big deal. I failed too... by 1 point! ...now studying again. i know people who studied over 1 weekend and passed and some who studied 6 months but failed--doesnt mean anything! we cannot control the variables in everone's lives no matter how standardized the test is...some have kids, some are sick, some are working, some are moving etc. just get back on the wagon and do it.
Thanks for the support mw123
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »