Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed!!! - nohajanna
i failed step 2 ck twice....passed cs first attempt...didnt take step 1 yet...dont know what to do? i need advice from you guys...you have more experience with match!!

do you think i should go on and study for my step 1 then try step 2 again? am i gonna get anywhere at the end?!!!!!!!

please advice..im confused and depressed
if ur talking about match 2009...its gonna be a little tight guy....ur scores will stick with u for life...so better have good scores and try 2010 rather then rush have low scores and regret it later....hope this help!
no.i not thinking about a time frame, im just asking if i should have hope in matching one day with these 2 attempts in step 2...and whats a good advice...should i retake it..or start step 1 first?
Make sure you take NBME next time and only take exam after scoring well on NBME.
Don't think about time frame now: focus on passing with good scores in all the steps 1. 2 or 3 . Thats your only chance.
i will....but any advice n how to increase my concentration and be more efficient?
hmmmmmmmm come to the forum every day. i m serious. all forums r useful. only match forum cant give us the match. but other forums r really helpful.
yes forums are the beauty of the information technology. I can imagine FMGs in the 1990s having so much difficulty to get information and to talk to each other.

But things were different at that time. The chances of getting a residency program were almost 100% even of you didnot match you would certainly scramble and still get into great programs.

I came to know an Indian doctor who came here in 1980 and he scrambled into Mount Sinai NY, and got a cardiology fellowship there. They might not have called that scramble though...........but it is filling their unfulfilled slots.

Now it is uncertain even for double 99ers that they will match into an average community residency program. Things have got f@cking unpredictable this year.
Dnt worry buddy ,work hard in ur future ,iz always rewarded
My advice;Collect your energy and work hard in step1 first.I got many questions in my step2 CK exam that were purely step1 questions.Moreover in step1 materials you get explinations in everything and i think it is the foundation of the medicine.
Many doctors say that step2 is easier but I reasure you that after taking step1 it would be away too easier.
The main point,set up your goals and try to achive them
Do your part-work hard,than leave the remaining part on the god's hand.
Wish the best for all.
GL
thanks to all...you really made a difference!! try to take the advice of doing step 1 first, but how long do i need to prepare? and what do i need to know to pass with a good score?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »