Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To porkish5 - carib
Hi there pal I read in the pscyh aspirants thread that you had interview at Institute of Living Hartford,Connecticut,It will be grateful of you if you can shed some information about your interview experience it will be appreciated.
hey carib...calm down....you must have got the schedule by now..let me know who you`ll be interviewing with...i`ll do my best...GOD bless you.
hi there pcp thank you very much for the reply, well am being intervied by Theodore mucha the medical director, Bentman the PD for Pscyh, David Melman an attending, Susan Mcnamara a coordinator and also by a IV year pg resident Julie phenco.
any inputs about them and program will be real helpful thanks in advance.
Ok....here it goes...Dr.Mucha is a psychoanalyst....he talks less but observes more...his office is awesome and couches are very classy....the rooms ambiance is clearly for psycho analyzing....be smart and alert when you speak....don`t talk too much...listen carefully what he has to say.....Dr.Bentman is the best PD I have met so far....she is a nice educated smart lady....she will make you feel very comfortable...will talk about your experience.....Julie Phenco...doesn`t interview..she gives you the tour....you can ask her questions while walking around the campus....she is also interested in psychotherapy....Susan McNamara is a Long Term Dynamic Psychotherapist ...also a supervisor for PGY 3 & 4....she will talk about interesting cases.....her office is just opposite to DrBentmans....She is a nice and cool person.....you can talk about CBT and Long Term Psychotherapy ONLY if you have experience. I haven`t met DrMelman...so have no idea about him...Good Luck with the interview...May GOD always be with you. I hope I`ll be in your prayers. Smile
You sure will be in my prayers pcp, well when u said talking about interesting cases by McNarma do u mean she wants me to tell her a case or she tells me about it and throughout your interview were there any hard core psychiatry questions thrown at you?this final query if answered it will be of great help,thank you again.
Interesting cases are discussed only if mentioned in the PS. If not..then she may just say...tell me about some interesting cases you have seen....It is not a case presentation....just a discussion......just tell her in your own words what you have seen......No hard core questions asked...just regular questions....why psych? ...Whats the toughest thing you have faced.....just the usual ones. Smile
Thank you very much may god bless you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »