Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to start career in USA -
Dr. Gokul

Hello,

I have my own clinic in India. My wife got job in Computers in USA and we are coming to USA next month. Advice me how to start my career in USA. I know that I have to go through USMLE. Is it easy to complete the exam?

Thank You,
Dr. Gokul, MD (Ped)
vikram

buy the book First aid to step 1 & u'll get all the required info.
vikram

buy the book First aid to step 1 & u'll get all the required info.
paul

Hi

U have to put alot of effort into it. U have to complete USMLE Steps 1 and 2. CSA and TOEFL.
U have to be well prepared if not these exams will blow u away
bernie

visit the ECFMG web site, thats the best start, and Wellcome to the club!
www.ecfmg.org
IMG

It takes a lot of time and energy. Count on spending at least a year of preparation (in the best case, when people are fresh graduates, only studying, no social life or anything).

Good luck! There is a lot of us preparing for the USMLE! You can do it! Just don't take any shortcuts. That's a sure way to disaster. Read the First Aid. Those are great recomendations! Go for it!
inderpal kohli - sethi_30

I am a img willing to go through step 1exams..let me know how to prepare for these exams..live in a small town erie..no institute here..studying alone..please guide
please take step 1 exams first as step 2 has 40% questions from step 1 usually pathology.Also do not take any shortcuts.Good luck and welcome to the club.
Paul and IMG are 100% right. It is difficult but not impossible but it needs a lot of effort and sacrifice. If you're willing to pay the price, go for it otherwise you'll be wasting your time, money, effort and in the end won't have any USMLE pass results.
If you can , use Kaplan Notes.

Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »