Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam experience - superpsycho
hi

the exam was very very tough compared to UW... also i had done NBME 1 & 3.... both are damn easy when compared to the real exam..... the questions in exam were all very lenghty ones ranging from 10 sentences minimum to 25 sentences..... there was no time to think only... i could just manage the time which flew off reading the questions only....
also i couldn get time to work out the statistics question... actually, one of which i had never heard of.....rest of the statistics questions were ok....
i got some 3 ecg questions... both were tough and lenghty.... one was aortic dissection i think and other was of heart block... fully vague ecgs they were.....
i got 5 audiovisual questions.... all were ok...
also about the child developmental questions... they made all permutations and combinations.... with 10 to 14 choices.... it was toughSad
overall i can say is any amount of prep is just not enuf....the exam was an overall a tough and lengthy one....
i had done kaplan notes, qbank, qbook, UW... and first aid q&a also First aid book... had an average of 70 in UW....
whatever.... once done is done.... now i am eager to get my scores..... really cant predict anything.... just praying GOD to keep my hopes alive...

plz plz plz pray for me... and good luck to all who are writing the step in future...
will get back once i get my scores....
hey supeypsycho,can you share us your prep materials?
UW/kaplan Qbank/kaplan notes/nbme ?
how many months did you prepare?

Good luck to you,we will wait for your successful story after 3 weeks Smile
im poor in ecg stuff,i got 3 during my step1 Sad
i know im not going to be a cardiologist someday
good luck for a result that makes u glad.How was ur nbme score and time before the exam when u appeared for it?
THANKS FOR SHARING UR EXPERIENCE.
GOOD LUCK FOR UR RESULT.
glllll
hi

to schenki : sure... will share my material once i get my scores

to anuraj81 : did my nbme 15 days before my exam date.... form 1: 139/184 form 3: 158/184..... both offline.... couldn do online....

did UW: TIMED AND UNUSED VERSION.... GOT 70%... 1ST TIME...

I just wonder what my score would be.... i am very tensed and eager for it

hey Superpsycho, how weird, I had the absolutely same experience than you!!! same, same , same...... I did NBME 2 and 4, one week before the exam and got 255 on 2 and two days before the exam I did 4 and got 241. NBME 4 was more similar to the exam than 2, but my real exam was much longer question and much more difficult and more detailed....same description of Superpsycho..... I used Kaplan books and UW and a little bit of the secrets book. Just heard 3 videos of Conrad Fisher. I feel that if I had seems all Conrad Fisher's videos I would have done better....
Today has been three weeks from the date I took my test and I expected to get my score, but It didn't come and I'm devastated... I think it will hurt a lot my application ..... at least I hope I get a decent score...
Good luck to you all. And happy New year with lots of 99s, residency Match, good health and happiness.
hi alexia7,

lets just wish each other lots of good luck and lets hope for the best....

don be devastated... attend your interviews.... and tell them the fact... hopefully, you may get your results next wednesday....

good luck

q&a First aid book for CK... superpsycho is that FA question book helpful?i want to read that book as well..do you think 5 days wold be enough?
so far you did uw,kaplan qbank and first aid q and a question book..you are awesome Smile oh my goodness,too many materials Smile
Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »