Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spirinolactone hirsutism a side effect or itz use - drstrider
hi guys just confused wit spirinolactone

in UW i came across drug to treat hirsutism is spirinolactone n again in UW in an explanation of other question i came across hirsutism as sideeffect of spirinolactone!!.

which 1 should be followed?

spirinolactone: antaldesterone & antiandrogenic, SE: GYNECOMASTIA AND AMENORREHE

FA 453
RX for hirsi in POS and causes testicular atrophy as SE. doesn't cause hirsi
Spironolactone is def used to treat hirsutism. Is there any way you could type out what world said exactly in the question you are referring to. I don't pin World to make mistakes like that so maybe if you put the explanation on here we could all see what they were trying to say.
in usa
the drug of choice for ttt of hirsutism is spironolactone
yeah guys thanks for the replies...just needed confirmation

well smoke the question goes like this

A 72 yr old male is treated for CHF,hypertension and diabetes mellitus.he experinced MI two years ago..he present to ur office saying that he has cancer because his right breast got enlarged..which of the following drug is responsible for this pts problem??

HCT
torsemide
spironolactone
triamterene
Acetazolamide

luk for this explanation 2nd paragraph
ru sure uw gave hirsuitism as a s/e of spironolactone,i'm almost finishing uw for 2nd time, i didn't come across about that.
dr2k2, here is the link to the above question:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ptci2w.jpg
Thanks oxt3 and drstrider- UW def made a mistake.
drstrider, i have a feeling that you are mixing "gynecomastia" and Hirsitisum. B/c you said "uk for this explanation 2nd paragraph" in the second line of what you posted, the patient complains of "enlarged breast" that he thinks is Cancer, this gynecomasti that he got from Spirolactone b/c of HF . enlarged breast doesn't mean hirsitusms. This is what i can come up with in regards to this confusion. I also solved UW complete but did not see your point. If my feeling is incorrect then please forgive me for assuming that you are mixing Hirsitusm and gynecomastia.

Gl.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »